1. Plant fall-loving vegetables or spring bulbs in your garden. Vegetables like kale, carrots, broccoli, and radishes love this time of year!
2. Start making weekly trips to the farmers market. Summer was slow but things are picking back up again! Mini farmers markets are popping back up all over St. Pete (Saturday morning market is being held every Saturday morning from 9am-1pm in Williams Park). There is no better way to support local and support health than this fun activity!
3. Do a fall scavenger hunt. Plan out a day full of apple cider and pumpkin carving with stops along the way during this fun trip, finding the coolest places to experience fall in St. Pete!
4. Visit a U-Pick farm or a Petting Zoo. It’s a beautiful season to be outdoors this fall! Make sure you get plenty of outside time and create some fun memories with these cool outdoor ideas!
5. Camp out in your backyard. Put together a bonfire, roast some marshmallows, and spend this fun activity under the fall stars! (be sure to bring your flashlights and tell scary stories!)
6. Watch fall movies and make popcorn over the stove. There is nothing like spending a family Friday night eating freshly made popcorn and watching fall movies! This is a great time to watch an old classic, a family favorite, or pick a fall themed movie.
7. Roast pumpkin seeds. Remember those leftover pumpkin seeds you scooped out when you carved pumpkins on your fall scavenger hunt? Waste-not as you brush these with a little olive oil and a little salt and pop them in the oven for a fun afternoon snack!
8. Learn how to bake a pie. Fall is the BEST season for pies, ranging from cinnamon apple pie to the classic pumpkin pie or pecan pie. There are so many delicious pie recipes to choose from this season. Challenge yourself and your family by choosing a recipe that builds the pie from the ground up, no premade crust or filling- all from scratch!
9. Run a 5k. This fall get your groove on with a fun fall 5k with your family, girlfriends or significant other!
10. Make your very own fall candles. Michaels has a ton of cool candle making supplies. Try this new craft idea with the kiddos!
*Bonus* Create an autumn wreath and a fun fall-themed porch display, make fun fall crafts, make pumpkin art, and paint/craft with leaves!