Golden Milk Tea And The Amazing Benefits Of Turmeric
Inflammation is a buzz word in our society today, stretching its sphere of influence to everything from auto-immune disorders to arthritis. It has a far and wide reaching audience to everything it affects and impacts. Is there anything we can do about it? Are there lifestyle choices we can make that impact our health in a preventative way to reduce inflammation, and possibly prevent the harmful effect it has on us? Absolutely!
Turmeric is an amazing anti-inflammatory food that can not only be added into the diet for its great health properties…but it’s also a delicious spice! (see recipe below)
There are so many reasons for adding this ingredient into curry, soup, or tea next time you cook. Here are 10 things that you can benefit from if you add this spice into your life!
(Pro Tip) combining turmeric with black pepper increases its absorbability by up to 2000% (some studies show); making it a POWERHOUSE anti-inflammatory food.
- Turmeric has curcumin in it, a powerful antioxidant that is best absorbed with fat, and black pepper.
- Turmeric helps lower inflammation in the body with its unique anti-inflammatory properties.
- Having low inflammation in the body as well as a high antioxidant capacity can lead to wellness benefits such as reduced heart disease, lower cancer risk, less headaches, and more.
- Many people swear by the fact that turmeric has drastically impacted their arthritis in a positive way.
- Turmeric has shown positive benefits to treating depression, and Alzheimer disease.
- Turmeric can have a positive impact on aging gracefully and living longer.
- Turmeric can be used to help keep blood sugar levels normal.
- Turmeric is anti-viral and antibacterial.
- Turmeric can help manage cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Turmeric can be used as a mask to help with acne.
Next time you want to bump up your health game to the next level, add this spice into your food, sprinkle it on hummus, or make this tea. Your body thanks you every time you do something kind to improve its health. Enjoy!
Delicious Golden Milk Tea
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1/2 tsp dried turmeric powder
1/8 tsp dried ginger powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
dash of black pepper (1/8 tsp)
cinnamon for garnish
Directions: Bring all ingredients to a boil and whisk until frothy (or you can blend at the end to emulsify the coconut oil). Garnish with Cinnamon and enjoy!